The ASN 2023 European Conference invites proposals for individual papers, thematic panels, book panels, and roundtables. The standard panel format consists of a chair, three to five presenters, and a discussant.
Proposals should be submitted in English. Proposals must be submitted via the e-application form by using the submission buttons on the conference website – here.
Individual Paper Proposal Requirements:
- Contact information: name, e-mail address, and academic affiliation of the applicant.
- Paper abstract (up to 500 words) with the title of the paper and no more than five keywords.
- A 100-word, one paragraph biographical statement in narrative form; standard CVs will not be accepted.
- Individual proposals for papers written by multiple authors (joint proposals) must include contact information and biographical statements for all authors.
Thematic Panel Proposal Requirements:
- Contact information for all panelists: names, e-mail addresses, and academic affiliations.
- Title of the panel.
- Paper abstract (up to 500 words) for each paper.
- A 100-word, one paragraph biographical statement in narrative form for each author; standard CVs will not be accepted.
Book Panel Requirements:
- The book should be a significant contribution to the field; preference is given to monographs.
- Contact information for all panelists: names, e-mail addresses, and academic affiliations; the list of panelists should include the author/s of the book.
- The title of the panel is given by the full name of the book; full bibliographical information of the book should be given.
- An abstract (up to 500 words) of the panel, consisting of a summary of the main contributions of the book.
- A 100-word, one paragraph biographical statement in narrative form for all panelists; standard CVs will not be accepted.
Roundtables are also accepted and applications should follow the panel proposal format. Roundtable proposals should focus on: a) key events or developments; b) methodological questions; or c) new fields of research.
Proposals must be submitted online no later than 31 March 2023.
Papers and panels will be assessed by an international board composed of scholars from the conference organizers and ASN members.
As a general rule, no person may appear more than three times on the program and only once as a paper presenter.